Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Toughest Weight Class

Who does everyone think was the toughest weight class in A's, B's?

120B was stacked all the way through. Top 8 were all 1-3 point matches between each of them.

Jrocket, Viper and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
JrocketViperdgrannySCWFMr.BCharlie

An argument can easily be made for 120A or 120B. Both brackets were stacked with kids that could have placed anywhere in the top 8, in fact there were kids that got knocked out that came back and beat high placing kids the following day at the duals. Both very stacked and fantastic to watch

dgranny has reacted to this post.
dgranny

Pretty hard to disagree with 120 B.  Every other weight Had the 1 seed and the rest of the field. 120 B definitely the most competitive. 145b and 285a had the toughest two kids. How many records did Kaden Keiser break this year?

152A could have been wrestled 4 times and gotten 4 different champs.  Top 4 were all on a pretty level field.

160B was incredibly tough. Callies and Fey were 1-1 before finals. Fey bumped up in duals and nearly beat 170# champ.  Top 6 all were studs. Great sportsmanship too!

120A Was incredibly interesting throughout duals and individuals.

138A was a great class as well. Lots of tough kids up and down. Mentzer was able to get into his own tier this season.

132A was a 3 horse race, seemed like olson, gross, and oehme were all very tight. Would have liked to see Oehme/Olson. Olson's only losses this season were to Gross.

Quote from Fat125 on February 28, 2022, 2:05 pm

152A could have been wrestled 4 times and gotten 4 different champs.  Top 4 were all on a pretty level field.

Im sorry but 152A was competitive but not tough in my opinion. Tough to me is several studs in 1 bracket that have placed high in the previous few years or young studs that will be placing high throughout their next few years. In 152A I don’t see studs that place high in previous 2 or 3 years but I do see competitive guys who are very close matches which I do like to see! But to consider it one of the “toughest” I just couldn’t. Nothing against any of the kids that wrestled at that weight though what so ever! It was an interesting weight. Just not stacked/loaded with upcoming studs or previous studs.

Jagger, Dean Mueller and 54Packers have reacted to this post.
JaggerDean Mueller54Packers

Many tough weight classes throughout the field in a great tourney! Granted Keiser won OW and deservingly so, I feel Burk Blasius of Phillip deserves a shout out! Not only did he win the 170B bracket that contained a couple hammers, he defeated Hanson of Kimbal (152B champ) and mason Fey of Redfield (160b champ) in back to back matches during team. Very Impressive! Wonder if he would have bumped to wrestle Crownover at 182 if given the chance…

Swiper, Ice and Rus Kantager have reacted to this post.
SwiperIceRus Kantager

I am surprised no one is talking about 145A. That bracket was stacked and those men have all beaten each other at one time or do. That bracket used to be like the old days when most weights had easily 5 to 7 guys who all could have won it on any given Saturday.

Coach Niesen and interesting have reacted to this post.
Coach Nieseninteresting

I think the toughest all around weight class was 145A. All these guys besides Eimers and Blakeman got beat by someone in the bracket going into the tourney. Tyler, the champion, lost to Eimers earlier in the year. Jackson Boonstra also got beat out, which is saying something about this weight.

Coach Niesen has reacted to this post.
Coach Niesen

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar