Please or Register to create posts and topics.

State record

Can Brandon beat Sturgis state record???

What is the team points record?

Currently they are tied at 222.0

Having 13 placing matches to go I think they might get it

Congrats to LOG for stacking Brandon and getting the team points title.

At least when Sturgis had it the team was Sturgis Kids.

3pointnearfall, interesting and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallinterestingCoachMike42seas78diesel

Oh really. LOG made us all go to BRANDON? That might be the dumbest thing you typed today. LOG is a training center for kids that want to be better at wrestling. It’s not a cult or a placement center for a high school. You know a lot of the good west river kids have came through and trained there a time or two. The kids go to BRANDON because of relationships they have built through the years. So many matches won and lost all over the nation and world have been fought together as teammates. How about congratulations to a bunch of kids that set a goal and accomplished it.

Reaper, Jrocket and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
ReaperJrocketSkeeterinterestingClearlyCharlieIce
Josh Chapman
Quote from Josh Chapman on February 26, 2022, 10:14 am

Oh really. LOG made us all go to BRANDON? That might be the dumbest thing you typed today. LOG is a training center for kids that want to be better at wrestling. It’s not a cult or a placement center for a high school. You know a lot of the good west river kids have came through and trained there a time or two. The kids go to BRANDON because of relationships they have built through the years. So many matches won and lost all over the nation and world have been fought together as teammates. How about congratulations to a bunch of kids that set a goal and accomplished it.

Mr. Chapman,

Lets start with your physical address, and which school district is associated with this address. is that where Gavin goes?

Now check the rest of the team what is their parents physical address.

The common denominator  is LOG  which is where they built their relationships. Brandon just happens to be where they all landed.

Josh Chapman, 3pointnearfall and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Josh Chapman3pointnearfallinterestingReaper
  • Quote from Convoy on February 26, 2022, 10:49 am
Quote from Josh Chapman on February 26, 2022, 10:14 am

Mr. Chapman,

Lets start with your physical address, and which school district is associated with this address. is that where Gavin goes?

Now check the rest of the team what is their parents physical address.

The common denominator  is LOG  which is where they built their relationships. Brandon just happens to be where they all landed.

Well Gavin had been wrestling and friends with those Brandon kids since he put on a singlet.  I applaud him for wanting to compete with his friends and share in the pain and sacrifice it takes to be successful.

Josh Chapman, 3pointnearfall and Charlie have reacted to this post.
Josh Chapman3pointnearfallCharlie

Here we go again with all the cry babies being mad about there kids getting beat by the hammers that train at LOG!  Don’t be mad at LOG, take your wrestlers there to train. I’m not even going get into the Brandon thing. That’s been beat up enough over the years on this site. If you don’t like LOG, there’s only a couple logical reasons. You don’t wanna travel there for your wrestler(s), you don’t wanna spend the money for the training, or your just soo jealous of the LOG trained wrestlers success that you’ve convinced yourself to hate LOG. ALL wrestling clubs in SD strive to improve wrestling in SD. Some people are just too ignorant to appreciate it. The top guy (club) always has a target on there back

Reaper, TigerPride and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
ReaperTigerPrideGalFanSasquatchTim NehlichSkeeterJosh ChapmaninterestingClearlyIce

My name is right there so you can see who is writing this.  My address is 48194 265th St, Brandon South Dakota 57005. Since you asked for the parents physical addresses.   I know I’m still fairly new to South Dakota but didn’t Sturgis have a kid move there from brandon South Dakota specifically for wrestling?  I’m not sure about when it was and If I’m wrong I’m sorry.

Reaper, interesting and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
ReaperinterestingClearlyIceMorgan Engbrecht

Tony

Thanks for the address I'll put you on the Christmas list.

Watching the finals from my couch I witnessed 3 things, 2 bad and 1 good.

Owen Warren  un sportsman like conduct was the first bad thing. Not a way to go out on your last match of your carrier. - BAD

Damion trying to calm Owen down showing sportsmanship - Good

Navarro taunting at the end you would think a 3 time state champ would have better taste than that. - BAD

Fat125, 3pointnearfall and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
Fat1253pointnearfallinterestingCoachMike42SprawlerReaperFishhookSasquatchClass B Rating Boarddiesel

I don’t think you want to go down the path of comparing. I got a list a mile long, including my own dumb ass mistakes and no one gets a prize for the longest list, especially the kids.

Save the life lessons for reflection, the kids will be much better off.

3pointnearfall has reacted to this post.
3pointnearfall

This is hilarious!  Every year someone bitches about how the state champs worked / trained too hard and won!  It’s super funny it moved from bitching about Canton to Brandon Valley!  So ridiculous, how many kids went to practice today?

Jrocket, Skeeter and Clearly have reacted to this post.
JrocketSkeeterClearly

Not trying to take anything away from either Canton or Brandon Valley. Those kids put in a ton of time and deserve all the accolades they get. But how many kids in those starting lineups actually live in Canton/Brandon, and how many came up with their farm systems (AAU)? It is just tough because there are so many programs out there that invest into their AAU program just to be viable and try and have some numbers are the varsity level. Coaches develop kids from the age of 4 all the way to their senior season. Some schools have more kids than others, some have a more dominant basketball program to compete with for athletes, but it sucks for all the programs doing it the "old-fashioned way" to watch other schools just swoop up kids that are extremely talented. With that said, the kids go there for a reason! I personally love the Canton coaches and the way they coach the sport, especially Coach Ask. You can hear the coaches on the matside live streams and I was always impressed with him. So I am not blaming the kids for going there, and you can't blame the coaches for building something that people want to be a part of. I am just a traditionalist, and I love seeing homegrown small-town kids win. I love seeing all the years of development pay of for kids, coaches, and programs. Do I have a solution? Nope. I just wish it was a little more "fair".

Barrym4, SdOrange and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Barrym4SdOrangedgrannypick6FishhookSasquatchCade

“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
-Nick Saban

Theres been too much of oh, they did this and they did that. Don’t like it? Good, get better. Don’t complain if you can’t say you did everything possible to get better. Life isn’t fair. Never has, never will. Good thing about that is adversity builds champions. If everyone was more concerned with how do we get better. Instead of how can we make them worse. We might all be a little bit better for it. We shouldn’t be taking away opportunities from other kids that what to reach their full potential. Just because we feel as though it’s unfair to kids in other areas. Kids do this everywhere all over the country to be the best. Some of the top kids move multiple times to get the best experience. Do we hate them because they did the things not everyone can do to accomplish the highest accolades? In no way am I defending recruiting. But not a single kid was recruited by anyone besides themselves and friends in this situation. That’s my two cents, if you feel as though we should continue to be mediocre you can argue below.

Jrocket, 3pointnearfall and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Jrocket3pointnearfallinterestingClearly

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar