Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #9

PreviousPage 2 of 2

“The read is out on the BV kids”.   So what you meant is coaches, got it.

chargergrad has reacted to this post.
chargergrad

I should have worded it differently.   But yes.   That is the way most of the class A people are seeing it.

Quote from G on January 29, 2024, 5:26 pm
Quote from Instig8r on January 29, 2024, 4:23 pm

Does Zens spanking Zebroski not count for anything?

or how about the fact that he is the only kid in the state to have beaten Johannsen in the last 4 years?  Too much flip flopping after one bad week.  Johannsen never should have left the one spot a week ago and Zens shouldn't have dropped to 4 this week.  They're clearly the best two at that weight class this year.

And given all the other credentials Zens has this year. Pinned Brozik, gave a whooping to Deforrest a couple times, and should have had a pin on Zebraski. The people doing rankings clearly only see W/L. There seems to be no other criteria taken into consideration.

Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 10:51 pm

I should have worded it differently.   But yes.   That is the way most of the class A people are seeing it.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions about it.  Those BV kids are beat up, they have wrestled some of the toughest competition from IA, NE, KS, and SD.  Starting the first week of the season, non-stop week in and week out for 9 weeks straight.  Some of those kids have 45 matches already.  They go when they can. And  when they are hurt or banged up they take breaks just like everyone else, the timing might not always make the fans or opponents happy but it’s not really about that either.

The ratings board can't physically see all the matches.  So, lucky pins, head locks, should a, could a, would a's don't come into play.

Wins and losses is how track is going to seed the tournament.  Obviously if you read the post from an outsider looking in there is some personal bias in the discussion.

Oh, he lost cause he was sick, he won because of this reason.  W/L is what goes into track.  A whooping and spanking vs. a one point win or lucky head lock is just a win!

As long as we fully seed the tournament there is going to be kids dodge to keep seed.  I was not around when the top four were seeded and the rest were drawn in.

Did this allow for more competition and less dodging?  Was it better?  Some say yes, others disagree!

interesting has reacted to this post.
interesting
Quote from Muskie on January 29, 2024, 11:51 pm

The ratings board can't physically see all the matches.  So, lucky pins, head locks, should a, could a, would a's don't come into play.

Wins and losses is how track is going to seed the tournament.  Obviously if you read the post from an outsider looking in there is some personal bias in the discussion.

Oh, he lost cause he was sick, he won because of this reason.  W/L is what goes into track.  A whooping and spanking vs. a one point win or lucky head lock is just a win!

As long as we fully seed the tournament there is going to be kids dodge to keep seed.  I was not around when the top four were seeded and the rest were drawn in.

Did this allow for more competition and less dodging?  Was it better?  Some say yes, others disagree!

How do you drop a kid below someone they beat with ease? Also, like mentioned how did Zens top Sloan, who was 2-1 against Zens? If W/L are all that matter they shouldn’t have swapped 1/2 at that point either. I just don’t understand how you move a 1/2 seed to 4 and move a kid who got beat a week ago by him to 2.

Quote from Instig8r on January 30, 2024, 8:04 am

How do you drop a kid below someone they beat with ease? Also, like mentioned how did Zens top Sloan, who was 2-1 against Zens? If W/L are all that matter they shouldn’t have swapped 1/2 at that point either. I just don’t understand how you move a 1/2 seed to 4 and move a kid who got beat a week ago by him to 2.

"Customer service,this is Kelly. Oh my God. I'm so sorry. That is so messed up. Everyone here is so upset;you have no idea. And, rest assured, your voice has been heard. Okay, I'll be thinking of you all day."  Click      -   Kelly Kapoor

Viper, Fat125 and lamson719 have reacted to this post.
ViperFat125lamson719
Quote from interesting on January 29, 2024, 11:50 pm

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions about it.  Those BV kids are beat up, they have wrestled some of the toughest competition from IA, NE, KS, and SD.  Starting the first week of the season, non-stop week in and week out for 9 weeks straight.  Some of those kids have 45 matches already.  They go when they can. And  when they are hurt or banged up they take breaks just like everyone else, the timing might not always make the fans or opponents happy but it’s not really about that either.

This time of year everyone is beat up and hurting.  So you are saying the rest of the state don’t wrestle tough enough competition?   BV is not the only team to wrestle out of state.   Yes if they are hurting take a week off.. but to wrestle only 1 dual in a triangular that’s telling most of the rest of us the coach don’t want them to wrestle some kids.

Quote from chargergrad on January 30, 2024, 3:31 pm

This time of year everyone is beat up and hurting.  So you are saying the rest of the state don’t wrestle tough enough competition?   BV is not the only team to wrestle out of state.   Yes if they are hurting take a week off.. but to wrestle only 1 dual in a triangular that’s telling most of the rest of us the coach don’t want them to wrestle some kids.

That’s not at all what I’m saying if I meant that, I would’ve said it.   I’m just saying, you don’t know, and you’re passing judgment without facts, to which I also said, you’re entitled to your opinion.  So why don’t we just leave it at that?

Quote from interesting on January 30, 2024, 3:51 pm

That’s not at all what I’m saying if I meant that, I would’ve said it.   I’m just saying, you don’t know, and you’re passing judgment without facts, to which I also said, you’re entitled to your opinion.  So why don’t we just leave it at that?

Well there are facts out there. Just need to check track.   You can see where they would wrestle 1 kid at a tri and not another..  or they would wrestle certain kids from 1 team and forfeit to another team in the same day..  and those are facts.

Quote from chargergrad on January 30, 2024, 7:23 pm

Well there are facts out there. Just need to check track.   You can see where they would wrestle 1 kid at a tri and not another..  or they would wrestle certain kids from 1 team and forfeit to another team in the same day..  and those are facts.

Yep you’re right, I don’t need to check track I’ve been there, that has happened more than once, and it will happen again.

But then again I already acknowledged that it has happened….

Quote from interesting on January 30, 2024, 7:52 pm
Quote from chargergrad on January 30, 2024, 7:23 pm

Yep you’re right, I don’t need to check track I’ve been there, that has happened more than once, and it will happen again.

But then again I already acknowledged that it has happened….

Not the way I would coach.   But to each their own..    to me if you are well enough to wrestle the 2nd match of the day or night.  You are well enough to wrestle the first match of the day or night..   but if you are not well enough to face the tough guys don’t take on the lesser of the opponents,

With that being said I have said all I’m going to say on the subject.   I think most reading these post can see the point im stating.   Just on one has said it yet.

Quote from 3moves on January 28, 2024, 5:03 pm

I could go with Shoemaker or Wilde for WOW. Both beat their #1 in A, both in way more competitive Weight classes.

So would you go with Steven Lamont for the WOW since he beat Shoemaker last night in the dual? Or was Shoemaker off his game not feeling well.

Quote from Convoy on February 2, 2024, 10:47 am
Quote from 3moves on January 28, 2024, 5:03 pm

I could go with Shoemaker or Wilde for WOW. Both beat their #1 in A, both in way more competitive Weight classes.

So would you go with Steven Lamont for the WOW since he beat Shoemaker last night in the dual? Or was Shoemaker off his game not feeling well.

I think you're arguing with the wrong guy, I literally say Shoemaker or Wilde in the quote, either was better than a #2 A wrestler beating a #2 B wrestler. And now if Bentley Williams ends up WOW this week for beating Wilde would be a head scratcher because it wasnt good enough last week. Personally I'd give it to Bentley. But I guess HM beating #4 is the Pinnacle you seek.

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar