Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #5

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #5

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
O’Connor has reacted to this post.
O’Connor

Sorry Moses I must have fat fingered the keyboard your name is now where it should be.

Can we double check the grades of these kids, no way they are accurate

Also,

dell rapids has same guy at 190 & 215

@113 would love justification on rcc kid, lost to bah & west central and has no ratable wins

@ 126 rcc kid has beaten Lincoln kid x2

@126 rcs has 0 ratable wins, justification last years results?

@ 132 Lincoln kid has beaten rcs h2h

@138 chamberlain kid has beaten harrisburg h2h

@285, what justifies Aberdeen over Yankton

krazy32 has reacted to this post.
krazy32
Quote from 4pointnearfall! on January 1, 2024, 4:59 pm

Feel free to double check the grades for whoever does the Ratings,  It shouldn't take you over and hour or 2 to double check all 168 names and grades.

Reaper and Convoy have reacted to this post.
ReaperConvoy
Quote from 4pointnearfall! on January 1, 2024, 4:59 pm

I looked on the sdhsaa website and not to pick on Stevens but I checked the roster for 106,113, and 120 and the ranked kids for those weights are not even listed on the roster I think the coaches should be held accountable for their team, Paperwork is just as important at coaching.........if not why do the kids have to be certified its just paperwork.

West Central and Sioux Falls OG also have kids in the first 3 weights ranked but not listed on their roster.

No matter where you go……There you are.

If the athletes are on the trackwrestling roster, and they use trackwrestling for seeding and state, why do they need to be on an SDHSAA page?  Just look on track.

Quote from Fat125 on January 1, 2024, 10:54 pm

If students are on the trackwrestling roster, and they use trackwrestling for seeding and state, why do they need to be on an SDHSAA page?  Just look on track.

Then track wrestling should do the weekly ratings, I'm sure they would if the ones doing the ratings stop doing them. From what I was told by the state, sdhsaa is still the official site for high school sports.

No matter where you go……There you are.

Skip, thanks for permission to double check the grades…

off top of my head…

@106 lhs kid is in 10th grade

@126 ac kid is 12 grade

@132 jhs kid is 10th grade

@144 bvhs is in 10th grade

I appreciate the guy or group who does this… I think we can help collectively make them better, just like pointing out the above. Took me 5 minutes of typing, now they are more accurate. Couple more people step up and help, abracadabra we have an even better product. Skip, does everyone have permission to help out, or just me?

Dakota Grappler, interesting and Clearly have reacted to this post.
Dakota GrapplerinterestingClearly
Quote from Reaper on January 1, 2024, 11:12 pm

From what I was told by the state, sdhsaa is still the official site for high school sports.

What does it mean to be the official site for high school sports?  State brackets are not listed on the SDHSAA site, they are listed in Trackwrestling.

Your post was trying to make it seem like Stevens, West Central, and O'Gorman are somehow scamming the system by not having an updated roster online.  I am pretty sure their Trackwrestling roster is updated.  Every athlete that wrestles has to have a hydration and body fat assessment sent into the SDHSAA to be approved before they can wrestle.  The SDHSAA are well aware of every wrestler in the state.  I just don't think that your point is fair that just because someone is not on the SDHSAA site they shouldn't be ranked or maybe even allowed to wrestle.  Nobody has any illegal kids, they all go through the same process that was put forth by the SDHSAA.

From looking at state brackets from last year…

@132 whiting from wc is in 11th grade

@132 dee Daniel’s is in 12th grade

@157 vessels from wc is in 12th grade

@165 Pierre kid is in 12th grade

after looking at these past results…

Looks like we are missing that other zebroski twin from sturgis and soderlin from rcc… any word on these two? Injuries?

Dakota Grappler has reacted to this post.
Dakota Grappler
Quote from Fat125 on January 2, 2024, 11:47 am
Quote from Reaper on January 1, 2024, 11:12 pm

From what I was told by the state, sdhsaa is still the official site for high school sports.

What does it mean to be the official site for high school sports?  State brackets are not listed on the SDHSAA site, they are listed in Trackwrestling.

Your post was trying to make it seem like Stevens, West Central, and O'Gorman are somehow scamming the system by not having an updated roster online.  I am pretty sure their Trackwrestling roster is updated.  Every athlete that wrestles has to have a hydration and body fat assessment sent into the SDHSAA to be approved before they can wrestle.  The SDHSAA are well aware of every wrestler in the state.  I just don't think that your point is fair that just because someone is not on the SDHSAA site they shouldn't be ranked or maybe even allowed to wrestle.  Nobody has any illegal kids, they all go through the same process that was put forth by the SDHSAA.

Fat125 -  is a quote from the South Dakota High School Activities Association (To answer your question- Track is the weight management software, they need to be listed in both places.)

But thanks to everyone who is helping me keep up on spelling and grades of athlete's.

A special thanks to the Coaches of Rapid City Stevens for updating their Varsity Line up, and thanks to 4pointnearfall for pointing my mistakes.

And Reaper kind of blunt and pushy but thank you - havening sdhsaa up to date really helps, Track is only as good as the information entered everyone makes mistakes.

I did not re-post but everything has been fixed (I hope or someone will let me know.)

Again thanks everyone.

Viper, Fat125 and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
ViperFat125mjax26ddstukelinterestingSkipjasonrkrazy32David

Trevon Oehme 3rd on dynamite dozen and no ranking in any weight class?

Quote from G on January 4, 2024, 12:45 pm

Trevon didn't wrestle last week and his brother Brendon wrestled his weight class.

Trevon will stay in the dynamite dozen until he misses 3 weeks in a row.

Quote from class a ratings 12 deep on January 4, 2024, 4:37 pm

Trevon didn't wrestle last week and his brother Brendon wrestled his weight class.

I have no problem with him there,  I was just hoping you had more information on why he isn't ranked in a weight class.  I saw he medical forfeited at the Christmas Tourney.

Quote from G on January 4, 2024, 10:24 pm
Quote from class a ratings 12 deep on January 4, 2024, 4:37 pm

I have no problem with him there,  I was just hoping you had more information on why he isn't ranked in a weight class.  I saw he medical forfeited at the Christmas Tourney.

I guess I am just saying even if Brendon were to wrestle 120 surely Trevon would be somewhere.

Absolutely he will be ranked again as soon as he steps back on the mat. Just cannot rank him at 120 or any weight because if any Brandon Valley wrestler being it Varsity or Jr. Varsity is worthy of being ranked would be listed at that spot.

Now if Brendon would not have dropped to 120 and a Brandon Valley Wrestler filling the weight was not worthy of being ranked, Trevon would have still been ranked 1 for up to two weeks and not removed until the third week.

In a nutshell that is what is going on.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar