Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Any girls rankings this year?

I know last year they came up prior to state, I’m not sure who did them but im curious if we will see them any time soon?

WrestleMma185 and Scott have reacted to this post.
WrestleMma185Scott

Iv'e got a start on them,  anyone else willing to work with me to compile them.  last year they just posted the track wrestling seeds for state.

It would be nice if someone (SDHSAA) could post the potential seeds/qualifiers, similar to the way the power points system is updated weekly or athletic.net is used for track/CC, etc.  As it is, there is really no way to know where a girl stacks up against the state and if a team needs to change their schedule to seek out specific matches for seeding criteria.  I'm not sure if Track can do this automatically, or if coaches would have to manually update seeding criteria regularly.

The Class B Ratings Board put the Ratings out last year based on the seeds from the 6 weight classes.  We are again now working on the girls ratings, this time based on wins and losses much like our other ratings.  Message us if someone has started them if you would like and we can compare notes and  can try to get them out much earlier this year.  Thank you.

Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

It would be really nice to know if there is gonna be a max in bracket size with it now being A and B together.  Which I disagree with.  Will you have to go to specific tourneys to qualify?  Or does every girls qualify even if a school has 2 or 3 kids?
thanks

Quote from Wrestler on January 16, 2022, 9:39 pm

It would be really nice to know if there is gonna be a max in bracket size with it now being A and B together.  Which I disagree with.  Will you have to go to specific tourneys to qualify?  Or does every girls qualify even if a school has 2 or 3 kids?
thanks

It's supposed to be a 16-girl bracket and only one girl is allowed per school.  That part is spelled out in the handbook- https://www.sdhsaa.com/Handbook/ATH-Wrestling.pdf  The real question is figuring out where they all stack up in the criteria (or even how many girls per weight are in the state)

Right now in track under current season it will not select South Dakota so you can’t even see who or what girls to qualify for state.  What if a girl never got to wrestle any other girls for criteria and there is more than 16 per bracket. Now that that both classes are together.  I don’t understand why they decided to combine classes!

If you really want to figure it out, you'd have to go under the boys season and then under teams and look at matches. The girls are listed under there. Will be interesting to see how they do it.

Quote from TJ on January 16, 2022, 10:50 pm

If you really want to figure it out, you'd have to go under the boys season and then under teams and look at matches. The girls are listed under there. Will be interesting to see how they do it.

This is true, but without actual weights, that info is only partially helpful.  Many of the boys tournaments that also have girls classes have combined weight classes or used catch weights to provide matches, so trying to figure out what classes girls will actually be in will be difficult.

Wrestler has reacted to this post.
Wrestler

Good point... I think that if you're on a computer it will show the weight classes vs on a phone.  It's too bad they're combining the A's and B's. Hopefully they go away from that next year. Great to see the girls growing.

But track is only as accurate as the person who inputs it.     I know my daughter as well as girls she has wrestled are in track but some of their tournaments weren't attached to their track account.   It happened in Harrisburg this weekend.        She also has a name that people often misspell so that doesnt help.  She has had coaches input her under 3 different names.    It's frustrating to stay the least but it will all workout in wash.     It's been exciting watching these girls from around the State develop as grapplers

Wrestler has reacted to this post.
Wrestler

I see a few dissenting opinions in regard to combining the A's and B's for the girls. Is there a specific reason?

From what I have seen the girls numbers have certainly improved, but not to a point that would require 2 classes. Just curious.

habbie has reacted to this post.
habbie

ok. With only 16 man bracket at state there is a weight classes with more than 16 girls that would be at state.  How does anyone decide who gets to go to state?  When stuff gets entered into track it’s not following the weight class or names misspelled.  Why combine them. We don’t in boys

Update on Girls Ratings.

They are working hard on ratings and should be out within a week or 2.

We are helping where we can and a SD Girls Ratings Board will post the ratings and have their own separate group working with girls wrestling ratings.

Part of the difficulty here has been discussed in this post.  There are several new girls this year.  Some girls teams wrestled out of state, many do not have head to heads or even common opponents.  When track is updated correctly and results posted timely this always helps.

Thanks for your patience.

Sdjetsfan has reacted to this post.
Sdjetsfan

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar